Ethernet TCP/IP LED Sign Communication
Ethernet is a wired communication method allowing an Ethernet communication card (installed in your computer) to communicate with the LED display over a Local Area Network (LAN) or a Wide Area Network (WAN). TCP/IP over Ethernet network is another term used for this. Ethernet is a very fast communication method. In simple terms, a movie file can be transferred to a LED sign in under a minute versus 15 to 20 minutes using RS232.
When should I use it?
- Ethernet Network is already available (LAN or WAN).
- High speed connection is desired for sending Movie files or large picture files to the LED sign quickly.
- Need access to the LED sign from several computers or from a company wide network.
- Distance from the LED sign to the Computer or Network switch is less than 300 feet.
- Cable is inexpensive
- Ethernet networks are common
- Multiple signs can be controlled from single network
- Files load quickly to sign.
- Installer should be familiar with computer networks to link the network to the signs IP address.
- Recommended for distances less that 300 feet
- Will need to be able to run a CAT5 cable between the sign and network connection. The may be obstacles in the way such as sidewalks or parking lots.
- Recommended method for sending movie, picture or large data files due to its fast speed.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in LED Sign Authority - Electronic Messages - LED Displays
HOW A PROGRAMMABLE LED SIGN CAN INFLUENCE YOUR BUSINESS
A programmable LED sign offers your business a great deal from a marketing standpoint. It can help supplement or even replace some of the more traditional advertising methods you may be using. Here are some of the benefits it can offer your business.
How to Maintain Your LED Sign
While LED signs enhance the popularity of your business and help get your message across to the audience, nobody wants to splurge a fortune on LED signs, only to have to replace them a few years down the road. Here are a few tips to maintain your LED sign to ensure trouble-free operation and add a few more years to its useful life.
How to Buy a LED Display
Selection of an LED sign should be driven by the nature of the organizational goals you are trying to achieve and the finances put aside for marketing. It’s indispensable to find a reputable retailer who can deliver an impeccable combination of image quality, durability, service and cost of ownership. An informed buyer is well equipped with the necessary questions to ask and concerns to mouth when purchasing an LED display.